Northwich Skip Hire
Waste carrier licence number: NSO/543078
Waste management licence: EAWML/50076
We are fully insured and are registered with the Environment Agency as a licenced waste carrier.
We are required by law to dispose of your waste in the most efficient, environmentally friendly way and we currently recycle over 90% of the waste we collect.
Do I need a permit?
If you’re planning to place the skip on your own private land, you won’t need a permit.
If you intend to have it situated on a road or on other public land, you’ll probably need a permit. In many cases, we can apply for the permit on your behalf, although some local authorities require that you contact them yourself to arrange one. Contact us for free advice to find out more.
What can’t I put in my skip?
Most general items can be put in your skip but there are some restrictions and it’s important to consider this before you decide to book. If you intend to put heavy materials such as soil, clay, hardcore etc. in it, then our maximum allowable size for this is the 8 yard skip.
Electrical Items (WEEE)
If there are any other materials that you’re not sure about, please contact us to find out, as we can’t collect your skip if contains any of the above items.
Conditions of Hire
1. Northwich Skip Hire will endeavour to comply with the hirer’s requirements but can accept no responsibility for failure to supply or for any delay in supplying skips which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond Northwich Skip Hire’s control.
2. The hirer shall direct the driver where to deliver or operate equipment, but the driver is under no obligation to follow instructions that he feels uncomfortable following.
3. It is the responsibility of the hirer to notify Northwich Skip Hire of the need for a permit. It is not the responsibility of Northwich Skip Hire to check the ownership and rights of each individual plot of land. It is therefore essential that the hirer ensures that all permissions required before skips can lawfully be deposited on the site/highway including the council license have been or will be obtained before he directs the driver to deposit the skip. The hirer will be liable for any fines.
4. The hirer must ensure that, No Asbestos, No Tyres, No Batteries, No TVs/Computer Monitors, No Gas Canisters, No Liquids including Oil or Corrosive liquids, No CFCs (fridge/freezers), No Waste Food. Any restricted items found in the skip will result in the hirer being charged additional charges.
5. To avoid further charges, the hirer shall ensure that from the time the skip is delivered until the time that the skip is collected again by Northwich Skip Hire;
• It is properly sited in accordance with the permission given. No skips to be moved after they have been placed down by Northwich Skip Hire.
• No fires are lit in it.
• It is filled no higher than to the top of its sides.
• It suffers no damage except for reasonable wear and tear.
6. The customer shall ensure free and suitable access to and from the delivery address and ensure suitable ground conditions for the delivery of equipment or heavy vehicle movements. No responsibility will be accepted for the damage to any surface over which the equipment or vehicle is moved to reach its destination and the customer should therefore take steps to protect the surface.
7. Unless expressly agreed otherwise, the duration for which any skip can be hired shall not exceed 14 days. For each week that exceeds the 14 days an additional cost will be incurred thereafter.
8. Access to be clear for the dropping off and collection of the skip. Wasted journey charge £60.
9. Any cancelled skips that are paid for by debit or credit card will incur a £5 administration fee if cancelled. If the skip is postponed and not refunded the charge will not be applicable.
10. Except when specifically, otherwise agreed, Northwich Skip Hire will dispose of the contents of the skip. All waste will be taken to our treatment centre for sorting before transferring any remaining, non-recyclable material to a licensed waste disposal site
What size skip do I need?
Take time to consider this as there are height and weight restrictions you need to take into account. There is a “fill line” on the side of the skip to indicate the level of waste we can accept. By law, we can’t collect a skip that has been overfilled, so it’s important to choose the correct size. It will end up costing you more if you need to hire a second skip so we recommend taking a look at our sizes and prices page to help you decide.
How long can I keep the skip for?
Generally speaking, we provide you with a skip for up to 2 weeks. When you want your skip removed please contact us to arrange collection. If you think that you’ll need it for longer, please get in touch to discuss this with our team.